Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Mute – Ill – (R)ate



My words cut deep and loathe the sun;
neglect and folly reeks my mind.
It's empty without your embrace – no fun –
I wish I had a knife or a gun…
No footsteps echo, doorway's blind;
your spare key on the kitchen table left behind!
Why did it happen, I am stunned…


If I could mute my ugly side;
be sunshine, rainbows, unicorn –
I would so verily – I'd oblige
but ravens have nested this stage;
void is that soul – so hollow and torn…
Like a deadwood at bog, a stillborn;
cannot shake the feeling, cannot hide!!


My sight is venom, my grins are madness;
why did you leave, I thought you knew…
Still are the hallways, undisturbed sadness;
nobody muscles me down in gladness:
creeping some joy and laughter like dew
into my barren wasteland – not even a few!
Let's be Ill then for I rate less…


Feed me your bugging and small-talked replies;
although my sarcasms may be the reason
you are not here – empty one man clap applies;
no taste in groceries while full on supplies…
I taste your meets, hunger your season;
time without you like a solitary confinement prison –
even for the disgusted roll-eyed sighs...

No comments:

Post a Comment