Saturday, January 6, 2018

Wish-list (Promise to 2018)



1.
My Lord, I wish, grant me my quest, that I would die
to myself! Make pale my face and kill my name, erase
my shine and break me down! So I would walk a
thousand miles, in your worn shoes and not for fame!
Extend my doorways beyond the Nile, so that
who Loves you, might it find! Open my heart
to needy ones, so I would see you in everyone!!


2.
My Lord, I wish, grant me more time, to worship Thee
than just Sundays! All seven days per week – I plead –
let them be Yours, and You be mine – God All-mighty,
Sovereign – may your words and will me always tame!
Sit on my tongue and be my thoughts:
All morning first and evening last! Be honeycomb in
my mouth and ghastly wormwood inside my guts!


3.
My Lord, I wish, relent me not, make me release
the unjust yokes! Whatever debts the others got,
with you in spirit, let me all give! I wave my
rights and all-mighty strength, that I have got
from world and schools! All teachings neat
and poems soothe, will vanish into nothingness,
in front your Holy Throne and sight – oh notice me – yours sword and kite!!


4.
My Lord, I wish, wear me like clothe, and let all songs
my unworthy quilt, shall ever write to your Grace
be done! Exalt yourself in every verse, and be the
token of my sense – the depth of sight, my wisdom's
awe, so in my deeds you'd never mar! Be my honor;
be my pride – be my vision, be my light! So I would
seek, what only you have carved into my cross and pain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment