Monday, October 14, 2019

Bemoan

Bemoan, bemoan - as I grow undisclosed;
the cloths of my mind, disposed to be entwine.
Shine by my darkness and hearken my soul.
The west became east; north wedded south...

Bemoan, bemoan - alas, forsaken youth!
There's your innocence and virtue to plough?
As the seven are gone, the Bear grieves her sons...
Bemoan, bemoan - you and me as One.

Light up your tears; the festivities surge.
The stage and the gallows; the yoke and the marrows...
Bemoan, bemoan - the town-hall, the church;
all down to rubble, ensalted the earth!

Who should be pointed; who has the ears?
Bemoan, bemoan, for all you held dear....
Once there was champions; my soul was at ease.
There once was fair maidens; and wisdom's appease...

Now only madness, has blackened the sun;
the moon turned to scarlet bittering waters.
Who shall I gather, for the death to outrun?
Who should I follow to the brink of despair.

Bemoan, bemoan -  in silence all matters...
Maybe morrow a new hope be born...

No comments:

Post a Comment