Friday, October 11, 2019

Re:Purgatory

Answer to Youtube Video https://youtu.be/YesD9TjrUes comment stephenpaul wilson: "Saint Faustina describes Purgatory, after being taken there by the Holy Spirit! The Holy Spirit isn't a liar, so be very careful with your words. God Bless"

"It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities. For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me. And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2Cor 12.1-10
I don't doubt the Holy Spirit, but mortal men and women interpreting visions from the Holy Spirit and turning them into Dogma, everybody should understand the same. Because, if the translation was in the Holy Spirit, why did it cause Luther to abandon the Catholic church? Why should there be something challenging the Holy Cross, for we get saved through faith alone, and not through deeds of the Law!
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus," Rom 3.23,24
"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification. But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching? Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle? So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air. There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance. Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me. Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel." 1Cor 14.1-12
How does this Purgatory exalt God? The Cross? The Holy Spirit? Jesus Christ? When you can bypass all that and have through your own merits have the same effect, while diluting the need to be ready now and not later. Or have you forgotten the parable of the foolish virgins?
Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

“Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming." Mat 25.1-13 If this Purgatory would exist, why doesn't wanna God know about those, who aren't ready in this life? Isn't that disingeneous? Why wouldn't the good virgins share, nor any of the merchants sell? If there is a time after this time to get passed, why even bother suther the cost of acknowledging the Cross in this life, then somebody could just pray or buy through his awesome deeds into Heaven?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment