Sunday, October 30, 2016

Picture Perfect


1.
I get sometimes clumsy words,
even though you don't believe;
just don't call me lord or sir –
God, you don't know how that agrieves.


2.
Picture perfect, but not on me –
you must be taking all things wrong;
how can a jerk this goody be;
you must be having fur on your tongue.


3.
Many words don't make a wise;
many poems not a poet.
True art does not disguise
in pretty rhymes and go at…


4.
True virtue becomes in silence;
true meaning in endless thought;
what has a raven to do with guidance
only pigeons in heaven – or naught?


5.
Though white my feathers, still dreadful
not fitting to my own selfish kind
don't get from the sticks a headful;
don't stone yourself like that behind…


6.
Sometimes true light comes in darkness;
sometimes the darkness is light –
gray colors, that only hardens,
harnessing the ivory blight…


7.
Just don't call me good – I am evil!
Don't call me perfect, I'm not;
why should you look at my anvil
to judge there is hammer or wart...


8.
So what if some lines there in handy;
so what if some rhymes came true.
Don't go so full force demanding,
that perfection must be in that blue…


9.
I got no clue there is yonder;
I never know there is the next.
I just write and never ponder;
missing all obvious context.


10.
Just leave me be and don't stare;
nothing here to behold dear...
No angel; no heavens stairs
just a frightened deer!


11.
What if you seen my mares;
what if you seen my sorrows.
Would you still love me and glare
that I must have from God all borrowed…


12.
What if I showed you my cuts –
my soul like a dirt-smothered rack;
what if I show you my knots -
believe me and don't come back…


13.
I'm always been so deeply alone;
solitarily sailing the depth;
don't waste your marrow or bone.
Perfection's not here to be kept...

No comments:

Post a Comment