Friday, December 29, 2017

David and Saul



Psa 142:7 „Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me, because of your goodness to me.” 1Sa 24:1-7 “Now it happened, when Saul had returned from following the Philistines, that it was told him, saying, “Take note! David is in the Wilderness of En Gedi.” Then Saul took three thousand chosen men from all Israel, and went to seek David and his men on the Rocks of the Wild Goats. So he came to the sheepfolds by the road, where there was a cave; and Saul went in to attend to his needs. (David and his men were staying in the recesses of the cave.) Then the men of David said to him, “This is the day of which the LORD said to you, ‘Behold, I will deliver your enemy into your hand, that you may do to him as it seems good to you.’ ” And David arose and secretly cut off a corner of Saul’s robe. Now it happened afterward that David’s heart troubled him because he had cut Saul’s robe. And he said to his men, “The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my master, the LORD’s anointed, to stretch out my hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.” So David restrained his servants with these words, and did not allow them to rise against Saul. And Saul got up from the cave and went on his way.”
Then I first read the story unfolding between King Saul and David one of his Captains, maybe even General, I couldn't help but be fascinated by it. The story didn't add up. Because even at the young age I attended bible school, it was unfathomable to me, that someone would be so merciful towards his hounding enemy, who accused even his own son of being too gay, just because he didn't abandon the friendship towards David, so that Saul could slay him. Especially what happened in the cave and about Psalm 142, what was written in remembrance of it. How do you forgive a man, who has been told, that he's reign is over due, to lack of respect towards the Covenant with God, then he offered like a priest, or then he spared the fine cattle from the war spoils, what was promised to God though desolation and fire – if something is promised to God, you don't take your share from it! But King Saul was a peoples person, and did exactly that, for he had pity towards all that wealth, what was promised to ruin, to make the enemies of Israel weak in their spirit! Who hounds you with 3000 chosen; seasoned; elite warriors to finally fix your problem. And then you encounter that man in a cave then he is on shitting business!! Please be aware, that it is very easy to build a fire on the entrance of the cave and suffocate all who dwelt inside, so it was no laughing matter, what the men of David suggested – even if he had 500 by him there, it would have spelled out doom – and still he could cut a peace of the robe of King Saul so stealthily that he didn't take notice. It is really hard to sneak on an open field, but inside a cave, there even your breathe becomes so vivid and loud, it's a remarkable feat indeed! And David would be ashamed of doing even that much, because – and that's the real killer: “King Saul is still the anointed one to me!!” How on earth can you be so modest and humble and sober in such a place and time?? And then comes the sentence at the end of Psalm 142: Why would the righteous gather about David AFTER he has been receiving the Goodness of our Lord and Savior!! How does that comply to our understanding of righteousness!? Wouldn't it be more “righteous” to stand your ground til' the last drop of blood inside you, unless you have a nezumi's heart? (MTG: Kamigawa expansion) “For the righteous cause, many knights may offer they hand, if they don't that means your cause is not righteous!” (“Knight of the seven Kingdoms” George R. R. Martin) When I first read Psalm 142 it insulted me, and I felt inside my heart and soul, for I'm as proud and arrogant, as the prince of Atlantis in Fantastic Four, then he was debating about the pollution in the oceans and whether humans are eligible to own rights to it. For that Prince was a half-breed between Atlantian and Human – but there was no Susan Storm to tell me about that… So I was wounded by that passage, and felt like Peter in Mat 26:33 “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.” It really hurt my pride, that I was suggested, I needed further compliments from God's blessings towards somebody, in order to support him for his righteous cause. For we as Christians should even support the non-righteous, then they are wronged, but here we talk about David, the most Righteous man in the history of Judaism and Christendom!! And he only trusts his fellowship to love him as far the blessings of God stretch – that's really harsh and sobering… And there is a truth to it.
1Sa 16:7 “But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”


We only love with our eyes – King Saul could love David, his right hand man, only til' some foolish women offered him a thousand and David ten thousand men as being slain by their sword! Then he started to suspect David in treason and all kinds of wrongdoings… His own twisted heart gave him no remorse, because, who knows, maybe David wants to fulfill the words of the prophet Samuel about him – everybody loves David to peaces, maybe they love him with Kingship and Country as well…
Amidst all that King Saul failed many times but David prevailed against all odds and common reason. How do you come to terms with that kind of Loving-kindness and yearning Love, there somebody would like his such kind of fiendish enemy, as David did with King Saul. I'm not asking you to believe the historical validity of the story – for that you would have to be either a yew or a christian. I want you to contemplate as you are, how is this kind of Love even possible inside our hearts. Judging my own character, I would slay my enemy as soon, someone bumps inside of me to rip his head in two peaces like Megatron did with his enemies entire body – I never want only one peace of somebody, I want at least two peaces if not three or four, sounding like the commercial of Ferrero Küschen to give unto my friends and subordinates!! Forgiving and turning the other cheek is so hard to me – so hard, that I even found out how, to stone someone to death with it: For Yew's it is forbidden to smack the other cheek, for that you have to do either with the left hand or with your full right hand, and that was taken as insult against God – for if you slapped the right cheek, you said: “Why are you disrespecting me?” while slapping the left cheek meant “Why did God create such a disrespectful creature – such wretched vile abomination?”
Mat 5:21,22“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ “But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ (You fool!) shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You vile abomination!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.”


It took me many cross-references of many bibles, for NKJV wanted to cast into Hell already for the “Fool” also NIV so thanks to NLT I could deliver the assumption what also the Estonian translator agrees on… for 'raka' already spells out idiot, or fool, so there must be something stronger than these, on the next tier…
So I had to immediately find something to protect my honor and pride from possible sullying, lest to allow someone slap my right cheek – Halleluyah!!
Then Jesus was saying about waving your rights to avoid more evil, as has been done. If both sides hold fast to their rights, it can create a stalemate situation or if you will, a “scorched earth” Scenario, what wont please neither side… David had every conceivable right to slay King Saul, and nobody would have blamed him for injustice or something else! Why risk everything for true righteousness, what exceeds the borders so entirely, as to go with hating your own guts and life? Isn't that, what Jesus spoke of Mat 14:26? To carry your Cross! David did exactly that to King Saul, and all his soldiers marveled him for such conduct and resolve to remain righteous!! I can't say, I would be able to hush down people, If I have been wronged to such multitude, as David had to suffer… I would also love with my eyes and skin and with my heart as little as possible! Jesus never wanted to teach us, how to slay our enemies with the bible! To find, there they have been wrong and then condemn them according to scripture. He wanted us to understand, what is between us and God. That is Hatred and Fear!! You can't say, that you love God, if you hate his creation – for even the Scorpions; Vipers and Snails are created by God – the same way as Larks and Nightingales! That does not mean, that the “rich” are less loved, that would be the opposite nightmare of loving with your eyes. If calling “Fat” ugly is wrong and bullying, then calling a Heather ugly to show her off is also – for you only put the label from one person to another hoping for respect in being “Righteous” but your notion you used to do that, remained the same – Hatred and Fear!! We only do that, because we are afraid in our belittled caves, as was David, when he was running from King Saul, only we go much farther than just merely cutting the tunic or regretting it… Because we want to be heard and respected as we so verily deserve! I have yet to see a Christian who would be willing to serve for minimum wage, if he could do better… and we should labor for free!! Accepting only what the host offers on the coffee table… How many such kind of Christians do you know? When I was reading about the life and acts of brother Francisco of Assisi, I couldn't suffer, that if they slept in the barn, they didn't even have proper beds or even blankets, but a name-sign in the ceiling to mark their sleeping spot, for their large number. Then I also felt like the rich man, that I cannot forsake all these I have – I need a bed to sleep on!! What to speak of the other more deeper meanings of Scripture, if you can fail because of your bed?? Amen?
How far would you go for your righteousness – Peter askewed Jesus and offered seven counts, he would forgive his brother and received 70x7 in exchange from God! Jesus loved Peter so hard, that he didn't even dare to let himself be honored with the same kind of Crucifixion and had it done upside down!! David suffered so many feats til' King Saul slew himself then he was about to loose the war having gone to a witch he personally banished from his Kingdom to look more pious and righteous, and still he couldn't help himself with all his honor and pride – he died and all his sons who went to battle with him, but David became King without even laying a finger on him! He even lamented about the death of his King, who had hounded him so long and far, that he couldn't go to war with him as to support the ranks of Israel and offer his allegiance and loyalty!! Can you suffer the same? If you want God to love you with all his heart and soul and strength – how much are you willing to love this world as Jesus Christ did, then he was amongst us? Think about it; tell me about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment