Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Shield of Faith



1.
I want to be your sword and shield;
to protect you of any harm -
to be the change that people need;
so they mind could rest in calm!
You only laugh – I know – at me,
for childish I may sound to you,
Oh, Jesus, dont let go of me,
for my Shield of Faith you're allways been.

2.
I want to be your sword and shield;
in my own soul salvage all wrong;
that has been lost I would reclaim
and swallow poison from every thorn.
That allways was, what you were for me;
my Jesus, let me be that to them;
what you are and allways will been
dont let them go for a rend!

3.
I want to be your sword and shield;
to shatter my needs like a glass;
If you only in me so wield,
I would not feel like worthless brass...
You only smile and walk next to me;
no whispers of denial I never hear.
Oh, Jesus, who you've been there for me
let me be who others may cheer!

4.
I want to be your sword and shield,
but alas, its the other way around.
For you allways protected me;
then I was lost and couldnt stand my ground.
You there the change my soul so grieved,
it turned my rot to your respite;
you there more than I possibly dreamed
and to think of my Sins – Inspite...

5.
I want to be your sword and shield,
like a liddle kid who saw his Dad
what makes the world for me so real;
In Jesus allways I will be glad.
Like you I allways wanted to be;
to suffer the cross in my own heart;
Just say the word and I will be,
nothing shall startle my start!

6.
I want to be your sword and shield
to be the steadfast who enters fray;
oh please, my Jesus, let me believe,
that I could be so strong and not betray.
Youre were allways there for me,
but my thoughts the likes of clay,
mold me to your image and thee
I shall be the one who stays...

7.
I want to be your sword and shield;
adamantly protect the meek
the words you spoke for others to read.
I would turn the other cheek.
Oh, Jesus, what am I supposed to be,
my searchlight has lost a chip
You know, I'm the one in need,
but you in peace silence my lip...


No comments:

Post a Comment