Saturday, December 24, 2022

Based on the Maori tune "Bless me, My lord"

 I tried to find english words, but those really sucked, so I have to translate from Estonian. :S Shoutout to the Maori, this is something, like Count Doku beholding Darf Maul for the first time! ^^ 

1. Õnnista Sa mind, Isa taevane,

palvetan ma, jään usus ootama.
Hinges on põud, nii pime sünge tee,
üksinda, Issand Sa, võid aidata.

2. Üksinda ma ei oska kõndida,
kui Sa ei juhi, eksida võin ma.
Mind varja Sa, siis kõnnin võitjana
kõikides ohtudes ja võitlustes.

3. Võia mind Sa nüüd Püha Vaimuga,
ei eksi siis ma kõrvale õigelt teelt.
Valgeneb tee, mu eesmärk kirkaks saab,
mu hing vaid Jumalat nüüd ülistab. 

Bless me, My Lord, Heavenly Father; 

I pray unto Thee, awaiting on my faith. 

My soul is dry -- the wastes of barren bothers -- 

only Thou could help, cast light among wraiths. 


Alone in the Dark, I cannot stumble far; 

when you wont guide me, lost are all my paths. 

Thou shelter me, then I shall spite all scars; 

like a True Victor in the dread and scaths. 


Bestow unto me, with Grace and Holy Spirit; 

then I wont venture, aside the righteous path.

My vision clear, my path enligtened, hear it: 

"May My Soul exalt You, My Lord for all I hath."


No comments:

Post a Comment